Wednesday 15 January 2014

Mentor

I havent had the chance to talk about my mentor for this project. My mentor is my dad, because he is my hunting partner, and he's been hunting a lot longer than i have so he knows a lot more then i do. Its really nice going hunting with my dad because its sort of like bonding for me and him, you can just sit and talk for hours and see amazing things in the forest that you obviously cant see in the city. He loves hunting like me. I get almost everything i know from my dad about hunting. When you go out to a place that can be dangerous you have to trust your hunting partner with your life because if you get hurt they're the only person that can help you out there. You always have to make sure you talk about safety with your partner and get emergency numbers so you know what to call if there was something that went wrong. Always know the address of where you are. I have taken some training of first aid and we know what to do if we get stuck in the forest for some reason. We carry a back pack filled with matches, fishing line, granola bars, juice boxes, a knife, a compass, possibly a pair of tweezers, also a small first aid kit, extra ammunition, and you could also put some dryer lint in a baggie which is an excellent fire starter. We don't carry this but you could also carry a small tarp, a hand gun, some extra baggies, plastic gloves. You always want to think of the wort cause you can never know what will happen.
  My dad and I always have things planned out if someone got hurt. Hunting is one of my favourite things to do, why not be safe while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment